Saturday, February 20, 2010

Welcome - Commercial Law

Guys, girls and others. Welcome to Commercial Law. FYI - I teach the BBACC on Saturdays and BMKTG on Mondays. So lets get started. I have already completed 2 sessions with both classes - so this blog starts off here. Let me begin by giving you a overview of the course. The course is Commercial Law and you would find the complete content in your course guide. My summary however is a s follows:-

A. Introduction to Law
B. Introduction to Contract
C. Introduction to Agency
D. Introduction to the law of Negligence

In our first session we had already covered Introduction where I had pointed out the reasons for legal rules and also the sources of laws. In our second session, I covered the basic introduction to contract - giving you the basic outline of the subject. Contract as we had discussed will be introduced as follows:-

B1. Formation
B2. Terms
B3. Vitiating Factors
B4. Discharge
B5. Remedies

We are now at Formation in the second session and will complete this by the third session.

Formation of a contract as we had already discussed consists of exploring the legal rules on the formation of a legal contract and as we had seen requires:-

B1.1- Agreements
B1.2 - Consideration
B1.3 - Intention to Contract


So I hope to get this rolling from here. Please let me have your views and participation and I hoe together we can share our thoughts and ideas on the topics we have discussed and perhaps even more. This is my first blog and I will appreciate your assistance in guiding me on any technical issues that may enhance this blog/lecture experience.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You Mr. Yeo for this blog! You have been an awesome lecturer. I enjoy law lectures very much!

    ReplyDelete